Friday, September 29, 2006

9-29-06 First Post - After This, Rant Over (at least for this month)


This Blog is now being created for fun, and sharing information about the F650 bikes, and general topics mainly because the forums over at www.f650.com have been eating posts for over a year since the software transition.

All of my requests for moderator assistance have gone unanswered to this date. I have even asked the founder of the club to repost a few of my gear review articles. Still no action to this date.

There have always been issues in the past too, in the past we had never lost most of our information which happened at the upgrade transition. Most recently I crafted a ride report from the eighth annual Jailbreak In The Clouds. It was Monday night around 6pm when I started. Carefully writing, inserting photos and previewing after each few paragraphs of drafting, it took me two hours to get to the text editing. All the pictures and text corrected I hit "submit" and..... poof!! Two thirds of what I had written went directly into Al Gore's Internet Treasure Chest. The reason that I was so steamed is that those two hours I could have been watching a movie with my son. I am a single Dad, and get to see my kid a lot more than a lot of Father's do, but each moment is special and valuable and it makes me furious that I chose not to spend the time with Luke. That Monday evening I chose to give my time to my club in the spirit of sharing our little story with those members who were not able to come along on the ride.

Granted 90% of the stuff I post is obnoxious and a complete waste of time. However, the remaining 10% is some diamond studded bling bling ride reports that the whole world needs to read, hence the creation of this blog.

Really just wanted a place to post up ride reports and other tidbits, so on with the show



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome picture!

DAM said...

thanks anonybill!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.